Thursday, June 13, 2013

Temporarily closing up shop

It's my last day in the office. There has been a flurry of activity in the past week, which is why there are no new posts. The bulletin for Sunday is prepared. We had a Session meeting on Tuesday to organize for summer and fall. Yesterday was spent in summing up some denominational details, then meeting with our top-notch Sabbatical Planning Team.

This afternoon, I feel like Warren Schmidt, Jack Nicholson's character, as he watches the clock count down to quitting time. Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick...

There are some things yet to do, of course. This afternoon I will make a couple of house calls on church members. Tomorrow I will go to the hospital to visit a member. And then, I have to write the sermon for Sunday. But it is winding up nicely.

Note to self: find the DVD of "About Schmidt" and watch it again. It will be a good reminder of how life goes on in spite of us. Or with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment