Sunday, July 14, 2013

Well, they are hitched

Here is a wonderful picture of two people that we love very much. This weekend, we were delighted to be part of the wedding of my nephew Matt Guagliardo and Ellie Kisloski. It was held on the shore of Cayuga Lake at Taughannock Falls State Park.

In the words of the Little Rascals, it was very romantical. I was particularly delighted to welcome the presence of Matt's little dog, who served as the honorary ring bearer.

What a wonderful family event! The siblings were all present. My high school buddy Dennis was there, with beautiful bride Rosemary. And - to everybody's surprise - my daughters were dancing . . .

Let's Boogie to "We Are Family"
The setting could not have been more perfect. Matt comes from a nautical family, so a shore-side wedding was a great location. It also allowed him to stay on the family boat for his bachelor party, play poker, and enjoy cold beverages until the early hour.

At the outset, I agreed to perform only two pastoral services this summer: this family wedding, and another wedding for the day before my sabbatical return (more about that on September 15). It did allow me to put on my pastoral apparel briefly, which meant we had to have at least one family picture:

The Vicar takes a holiday
Certainly the fancy neckware solicited hoots and hollers from my extended family; I think they are merely jealous . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment